Tuesday, December 30, 2008

All Christians Struggle

I went from being in one of my highest state of spiritual faith and growth to a time of hardcore struggle in a very sudden and short time. It is a very humbling experience. It is also a great reminder that all Christians struggle.
Too many times in my pride have I said I am so strong in faith that I will never struggle badly! Too many times have I looked down on Christians who struggled with reading the word, with spending time in prayer. But here I am in the same boat as everyone I judged, and the boat has capsized. I am holding onto the overturned boat for dear life. My hands slip - they are wet - and the boat is slippery - but I struggle to stay afloat.
Yes, all Christians struggle. Even the best of the best - thus we are all humans who desperately need Jesus. But, the one comforting thing I know through God's promises in His word is that He will never let me go. He who began a good work in me will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus (Philippians 1:6).
I think the best part of struggles and tribulations is that you learn endurance. And that means you always come out with more character. And character produces hope. And hope does not disappoint. =] (Romans 5).

2 comments:

Stephen Kim said...

wow. youre poetic cho

and read philippians 4

:)

sarah chong said...

i love how no matter how many times we struggle and fail and lack, god still holds onto us (: